Moving entries between folders of different type

Submitted by NA on 2016-10-03

test case: lets say i have created 2 slightly different folder types, Tasks1 and Taks2 and i have two folders in a project Tasks1 and Taks2 respectively. Tasks2 has the same attributes as Tasks1 (new attributes of course but with exactly the same names and values) but also 1 new field and 1 field that is missing. Is moving entries from folder Tasks1 to Tasks2 possible? If yes, what will happen? Will the attributes that exists in both folder types be moved? Will the attributes that do not exist in the destination folder be deleted from the DB or they will remain?

No, it's not possible to move issues between folders of different type. Generally you should avoid creating multiple issue types with similar attributes. Make your issue types as generic as possible to make it possible to move things around.

Regards,
Michał

ΟΚ, thanks for the info.

May i suggest here that it might be nice in project folders, to be able to show/hide (and perhaps reorder) the attributes of its base type, so that a generic type can be used in two folders for different purposes.

N.A.