Client - Creating new issue

Submitted by mkukik on 2009-12-16

In certain situations it would be much better when creating new issue to have possibility to change attributes without recording history of attribute.
Example:
Currently new issue is created by entering name. Then changing attributes is recorded as issue history while it is not correct sometimes...
ie. Issue is created with priority LOW, but Issue is HIGH priority from the very beginning. So Issue should be created with HIGH priority.
I know that you can see in "Issue History" date & time of history record, but this puts some overhead in application/database when someone is reviewing the history.

There are few options here, I will mention one:
To put Issue into "Creation mode" during which attribute changes will be recorded but will not be presented and nobody else will see the issue until "Creation mode" is finished. Button to Commit issue will be provided which will add record of "Creation mode" finished. In "Issue History" there will be Initial status of issue attributes displayed first.

No big backend changes would have to be made. Just to record additional information that the issue is no longer in creation mode. Last attribute change prior "creation mode" record would be initial status of attribute. Post "creation mode" changes would be history of issue.

Hope this makes sense.

Yes it does make sense and perhaps one day I'll implement a possibility to change multiple attributes at once (not only during creation). However I think it's rather cosmetic. The client displays the initial changes of attributes in one section (Created by ...) so you can easily see which changes were made initially and which ones later in the issue's lifetime.

Regards,
Michał