Request: New Feature 'Issue Content'

Submitted by Valkyrius on 2010-04-04

Hello Mimec,

I just installed your Issue tracking system.
The one thing I dislike thusfar is having not a real issue content.

I'd suggest a tab like: 'Issue Details','Issue History' and 'Attachments'.
It would be called 'Issue' or 'Issue Content'.
This tab would contain of Comment like content.

First a small header like it is seen in the History tab:
"Tjeerd Ritsma on 2010-04-04 02:58"
And then the message.

This would be Ideal for communication between customer and support.
I'd also like to suggest an Signature to be set (settings).
Which would be used with the users reaction.

This update would make this system better for usage as Support center.
This would also give an easier overview of content, without all status changes or other actions,
And leaves comments to be 'Staff only'.

I'd like to hear what you think of it.
------

Kind regards,

Tjeerd Ritsma
Valkyrius

I have a similar, but slightly different idea for version 1.0. There will be no tabs and all information will be displayed in one view, but it will be possible to quickly filter the history to include only attachments or only comments, without changes.

Regards,
Michał

Hey Michal,

I would like to be informed when the beta and the final version will be online,
Do you have something like a newsletter, because I think a lot of other people would like to know too.

I'm planning on implementing this system in my own applications and have to make an Api for it, since it has to connect to our server from various other servers.
I've read you were planning to include a web interface, will there also be an Api?

The strength of this system then would be that you can easily implement it in you own projects.
This is a plus because the users don't have to go to another site login and then post there questions.

------

Kind regards,

Tjeerd Ritsma
Valkyrius

No, there is no newsletter at the moment, but you can subscribe the news RSS feed if you like.

The new version of the server indeed has an API consisting of several classes which are used by both the WebIssues protocol handler and the web UI. It shouldn't be difficult to integrate it with additional components.

Regards,
Michał