Feature request

Submitted by knightedbishop26 on 2011-12-30

Hello! My group has been using WebIssues for about 6 months now. We are a non-profit agency that provides consulting for mental health needs for foster children. We use WebIssues to track our consultation requests. The software is excellent and works very well for our purposes: it is simple to install, no cost, straight forward to train staff to use, and the only system I've seen that allows every field to be customized.

As someone else has mentioned, creating additional privilege levels would be very helpful. A read-only user privilege level and a create new ticket only privilege level would be fantastic for our purposes.

The other helpful feature would be to make it possible to hide issue ID and name. These are the only two issue attributes that the system requires must be visible in the folder view. The issue ID number confuses some of our staff, since we have a separate tracking ID number that is assigned to each consultation request. If we could just remove that field from visibility on the folder view that would be great.

Thank you,

Jonathan Zerulik
Child Welfare Collaborative

First of all, I'm very glad to hear that WebIssues is used for such a good purpose.

Enhancing the privilege levels is indeed becoming one of the top requests; it's quite possible that it will be one of the key features of the next version. Of course that's going to take some time.

Removing the ID and Name from the view should be a relatively simple change, so I might do it even sooner.

Regards,
Michał