Using e-mail to create new issue?

Submitted by TSO on 2007-11-28

I've been looking at Web Issues for about a week or so and I can see a lot of potential for it in my work environment.

There are two features I'd like to see at some point (they may already exist, in which case I apologize in advance)...

• the ability to move an issue to a different folder (in case it's logged in the wrong place)
  • more useful - an interface to log issue's via e-mail (direct from user, or monitoring tool)

I suspect the second one could be written based on the Protocol Reference in the Server manual, but wondering if something like this already exists.

Cheers, and thanks for a great project.
The Silent One

Thanks for your comment. Regarding moving (and deleting) issues, it requires changes in the protocol which are not backward compatible (see this thread). It will be added one day, but not very soon.

The second feature means that an issue would be created when an e-mail is sent to a particular address, is that correct? Well, no such thing exists now, but I admit it could be useful. Such tool might be created either using the protocol or entirely on the server (by connecting directly to the database). Anyway, unless someone volunteers to do it, it's probably far future for now :).

Regards,
Michał