Request: More control on issues and comments

Submitted by syncro on 2009-03-11

Hi,
I haven't found any way to edit/delete issues and comments w/o from db tables directly.
Text field should be divided into input fields and textareas (link in web). For ex. if user need to add 'Summary' or 'Description' fields. Use lineEdit for them is not very suitable and comments don't really replace this.
Also will be nice to see ordering options: by default issues are ordered by id and the older are higher that newer. Default option should be reversed to have see new issues before old (linke in mail client), I think.

Hello,

As I explained here, deleting the issues, comments, etc. requires breaking the communication protocol between the client and the server. Currently even if you deleted the issue from the SQL table, the client wouldn't know that it does no longer exist.

As you can see in the roadmap these features, and many others, are planned for the fifth stage of development, i.e. version 1.0 of both the server and the client.

Regarding summary and description fields, this is exactly what comments are for. The first comment is the description of the problem, and then additional discussion and more details can follow, so you can see the full history of the issue. Attributes should not be used for longer text but rather for filtering by area, tracking status, etc.

Setting default order was possible in the older KDE version of WebIssues Client and for some reason I never implemented it in the current version. I'm adding it to the TODO list for the next release. Also I agree that the default order should be from newest to oldest.

Regards,
Michał