Need help with CSV Export

Submitted by bolex on 2013-02-20

I've just recently installed WebIssues and I love the software. Great job guys!

I am having a problem with the export feature. This is probably not a bug, but may be a limitation with the service provider that I use to host the website. I'm using maiahost to host the server side.

I can export "Table with visible columns only" with no problem.

However, when I select export and select "Table with all system and user columns", the client crashes. I especially need the CSV export to work as i want to send a daily Excel spreadsheet out to my clients.

Any suggestions of things I can look at or try to get this to work? Are there some local settings I might try tweaking to get it to work? It almost seems like the client is waiting for data and it times out and crashes before the data is retrieved from the server, but I'm probably wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It looks to me like a bug. I will try to reproduce it. The client does not need to retrieve anything from the server because it has a local cache of all data, so it's definitely a client related problem.

Regards,
Michał

I can send you the MS bug report and also send you a video screenshot if that might help. Just let me know. Thanks for looking into if for me. Once again, love the software.

It took a while but finally I had some time to investigate this problem.

It turns out that it's quite a serious problem which occurs whenever there are more than 16 columns in a view or in an exported report.

The funny thing is that the crash occurs in a piece of code which I copied from Qt sources; I somehow managed to remove a "+ 1" and that leads to a buffer overflow.

Thanks a lot for reporting this issue, I will publish an update for the Web Client soon.

Regards,
Michał