Email Issue

Submitted by suminda on 2013-03-14

hi,

I am facing an issue with email notification,
setup: there are 10 users with different logins whose email ids are same (personal mail ids are not allowed and group mail id is used) and another 5 users with different emails ids and logins.
**first issue is when one of 10 users created an issue and assign to one of 10 users, 2 emails generates to assign person and to another user where that project is enabled.
**second issue is when one one of 10 users created an issue and assigned to one of 5 users, 1 email generate successfully to correct assignee, in reply mail, sent by 1 of 5, will go to some one else in 10 group.

how to resolve this,

regards,
suminda,

I'm not sure if I understand this, but different users should not share the same email address. This may be prohibited in a future version of WebIssues. Notifications are not designed for such scenario.

I don't know what exactly you're trying to achieve, but if you really need to have a group email, create a single user representing the group, assign the group email to it and set up notifications for that user.

Regards,
Michał

hi Michał,

thanks for your valid point, I configured emails as you advised and tested with various types of issue creation methods.
how to restrict user to assigning issues to his own id and how to give error prompt as "invalid user" for such cases, in this situations i observed unnecessary email shooting to one of email ids shared by the same project. and also let me know the possibility of configuring two email ids to single user,

regards,
suminda,