Help with a Hack

Submitted by cyberfarer on 2013-04-03

Greetings,

Notifications go out with Project Name, Folder Name and View as the email subject line. My users have indicated they would rather the subject line be the issue name. So, in the code, in the file, common/mail/notification.inc.php, I see this:

$this->view->setSlot( 'subject', $this->projectName . ' - ' . $this->folderName . ' - ' . $this->viewName );

If I just want the issue name, what should the change be? I tried
$this->view->setSlot( 'subject', $this->issueName );
having found a reference but the email was delivered without any subject.

Thanks for any insight.

Sean.

The notification email can contain multiple issues, so there is no such thing as $this->issueName.

Regards,
Michał

Great product! thank you.

My question is along the same line of this. When external use creates an issue by sending an email to "support" user, it sends the notification using [issue_id], issue name on the email subject line. This is great so they can track it.

However not all issues are fixed by us so I need to assign it to outside vendor. I created another user "vendor" and assign their email address. The notification goes to them as email with projectname >> folder name >> view name. When they reply, it comes back to me as completely different issue.

Is there way to customize send subject if particular user. I already tested once. Any reply back to the same subject line gets update to the proper issue id.

WebIssues currently has two mechanisms of sending emails - subscriptions for individual issues and alert notifications. Subscriptions are designed to work with the inbox feature, but alert notifications aren't. One idea to solve this would be to merge these two mechanisms and make them more configurable, but for now such scenario as you described cannot be handled very well.

Regards,
Michał