Disabling the Delete/Edit option and combining 2 buttons

Submitted by nitin7 on 2013-09-08

Hello Michal and team,

Thank you for creating this software. In my opinion, this is one of the most wonderful free software available on the web for a small team which needs to collaborate. I spent several months trying to find one until I came across your website. I have worked for Microsoft as a Software Engineer and have used Microsoft Product Studio for bug tracking and I think this is the software that comes closest to it.

Ok, I have a few ideas in my mind which I think could make it even better.

1. Provide the administrator with an option to disable the Delete/Edit link. In my organization, I don't want users to be able to delete or edit a comment that they have already made.

2. Combine "Add Comment" and "Edit Attributes" into one button. After using WebIssues for about a month, I have realized that about 80% of the time, in my organization, users have to both add a comment and edit attributes simultaneously. With current functionality, they need to do it in 2 transactions. However, if both buttons could be clubbed together then my problem could be solved.

Thanks,
Nitin

Thanks for your comments.

I think both your suggestions are very good and I'm adding them to my to do list for future versions.

Regards,
Michał

MIchal, few more suggestions for you.

1. I have created 6 projects and users in all the projects are assigning/editing tasks through out the day. Since, I am a member of all the projects, I have to continuously switch through projects and view the tasks assigned to me. Is there a a way, I can view tasks across all projects in one single view?

2. Similarly, can I create one single alert for issues across all projects? Currently, I have to do it for all forums/tasks in every project individually which I find somewhat cumbersome.

3. I have created a view called "My View". However, I am not able to set it as default. Every time I switch from one project to another, my view defaults to "All Issues". Is there a way I can set "My View" as default?

Thanks,
Nitin