Append Email To Existing Issue ?

Submitted by bazz on 2014-04-08

Hey I just started trying out this software and I really like it. However, one feature that would be extremely useful to me, and I expect many others, is the ability to append emails to existing issues as new comments.

Typically, once an issue is created/logged, there is a back and forth between the tech(s) and other parties such as an end-user. These emails generally contain further details, logs, screen shots etc. in regards to the issue in question. Getting this additional information into the existing issue is cumbersome at this point.

I have the pop mailbox in place for submitting new issues via email and it is working well. Extending this functionality to check for a keyword, or issue id, in the subject line etc. and treat the email message as a comment/response to an existing issue would be great. I use the RT ticketing tool for some other work and it has this capability and it greatly improves the workflow.

Thanks and keep up the good work !

It's already possible - just include the issue ID in the subject. Check the manual for more information.

Regards,
Michał