Email format issues

Submitted by jstrickland on 2015-09-15

Since the upgrade to 1.1.4, our emails are not formatted correctly and the links within them no longer work as a result.

Here is an example of the content:

Features / Requests / Bugs &ra=uo; All Issues
IDName Location Location Type=0A Summary Target Version Status Reque=ting County Owner/Developer Modified Date
#16490 generate lette=s enhancement
* Pending — Pending =0AGenerate Letters Feature - New Suggest adding the date filter to the intial letter selec... TBD Ready for QA =0AErik Zurinskas 09/10/2015 09:02 generate letters enhancement
=0A
Properties
ID: #16490
Type: Features / Requests / Bugs
Loc=tion: * Pending — Pending
Creat=d: 08/10/2015 08:26 — Jessica Strickland<=r>
Last Modified: 09/10/2015 09:02 — Erik Zurinskas=/td>
=ttributes
Target Versio=: TBD
Type: Feature - New<=td>
St=tus Additional:
Summary: =uggest adding the date filter to the intial letter selection dialog. Curre=tly, user has to wait for first query to run before they can change the da=es.
Owner/Developer: Erik Zurinskas
test db: rw_bucks
=0A
Category:
Related: =/td>
new config?:
<=d>Config Notes:
Phaseware #:=td>
Phaseware Owner: =tr>
Requesting County:
RelNote= Summary:
Incl Rel Notes?:

Issue History
09/10/2015 09:02 — Erik Zurinskas=/h4>
I added the date range selection =ropdown and date fields to the letter selection panel. It will maintain th= loading of the last saved used date range per letter type.
=/div>
This i= an alert email from the WebIssues Server.

Thanks for the report, I will investigate this.

Regards,
Michał

Any chance you've been able to check into this? Our emails are a very useful tool but they are basically illegible and the links don't work.

Thanks!

You might try to edit system/mail/inboxengine.inc.php and change line 226 from:

$body = imap_qprint( $body );

to:

$body = quoted_printable_decode( $body );

In case of invalid qouted-printable encoding, the latter function is more tolerant than the former. Perhaps this helps.

Regards,
Michał

Hi, just wanted to check in on this issue and see if there is any update/resolution forthcoming. I tried your suggestion with no change. I only updated to the new release and made no other changes. Is there a bug that will be fixed in a future release?

Thanks,
Jess