Text Area Field?

Submitted by JayStang on 2009-05-07

I just started to test out Web Issues to see if it was a good solution for my company. I noticed there is no way to create a "Text Area" rather then just a "Text Input" field when adding attributes. Is this truly the case or have I overlooked something? I need a field where a fairly long description can be entered and a single line text input just wont cut it.

Thanks!

The maximum length of an attribute is 80 characters. This may be extended to 255 in version 1.0 when we no longer need compatibility with MySql 4.0 and older, but for longer texts such as descriptions, steps to reproduce, etc. you should use comments, not attributes.

Regards,
Michał

I saw the comments section. But how do you view a comment after it's been added besides in the Issue History? For this to be useful software I think the comments should be part of the details of the issue.

So you mean that the comments should be displayed in the same page as details?

A possible solution would be to change the layout of the issue view so that issue details are displayed in the top part, and in the bottom part (divided by a splitter) there would be two tabs: history and attributes. Does that make sense?

Regards,
Michał

Well you can't, unless you're a developer :). However I will include the ability to switch into such mode in version 0.9.5 of the client.

Regards,
Michał

Hi Michal,
Would it be possible to send me your email address? I had a few things I'd like to chat about offline about this. Thanks.