Email notifications

Submitted by nards on 2009-05-15

Hi All,
i'm testing WebIssues system on a Windows 2003 / Xamp server, using mysql db.
Email notifications are not working. I have already activated them in WebIssues configuration php file, using standard PHP Mail function.
I've tested my server with a simple script using PHP Mail function and it's working, so i don't know why mails are not sent by WebIssues.

Nothing is reported in error log file.

Can anybody help me ?

Thanks,
Vittorio

Hello,

Is the cron.php file configured to run periodically? You can enable the cron log and see if the script is running and if it's attempting to send notifications. You can also try to run this script manually.

Regards,
Michał

No.. cron.php was not configured to run periodically.

Now this script is executed every minute. First time, a notification email was sent.
Later, after few changes to a "marked to be notified" issue, nothing is sent.
In cron.log, i can see something like :

[2009-05-15 18:17:36, 127.0.0.1]
Cron task started
Cron task completed successfully

So.. i really don't understand which is the notification policy. My user is configured to receive notification immediatly.

Thanks

Quote from the manual: "Depending on the preferences of individual users, notifications can be sent as weekly or daily summaries or immediately (...) but not more often than a defined interval. That interval can be configured using the notify_min_span parameter, in minutes; by default it is two hours."

Regards,
Michał

I had set the notify_min_span to 1 and run periodically every min.
The WI did run the cron.php.
But it seem like failed to send email.

this is the cron log.

[2009-10-13 08:59:38, 127.0.0.1]
Cron task started
Sent 0 of 1 notification(s)
Cron task completed successfully

From the log, i have 1 notification but sent is 0.

Please advice,
Markus

I am using SMTP...
There was no error in the error log...

I try to debug for the "cron.php"

function wi_cron_send_user_notification( $user_id, $user_name, $user_access, $user_email )
if ( empty( $projects ) )
return null;

i found the "$projects" is empty. so before able to load the email. it return the null.

Best regard,
Markus Bala

Hmm... if $projects is empty, it means that there are no notifications to send. Anyway then the "Sent 0 of 1 notification(s)" message should not appear.

Regards,
Michał