Compile on Windows

Submitted by zackrspv on 2010-04-14

Hello there.

I installed the requested version of QT that you put in the docs, set the QT directory, ran the configure.bat file, and then ran the make command, and even built it from qt creater, and even ran mingw32-make in the project directory, but regardless of release, or debug build, whenever I run the resulting file on a client machine, i get dependency issues.

Like mingwm10.dll missing. Or if that's there, something about libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll.

Apparently i'm configuring this wrong.

Can you help?

You are configuring it well, but when building with MinGW you need to do one of the following:
- copy MingGW dlls to the same directory as webissues.exe
- add MinGW bin directory to the PATH environment variable

Regards,
Michał

I was able to compile both 96 and 1.0 by copying all of the DLL's you mentioned, and the QTcore, QTnetwork, xml, gui dll's to the same install directory as well. I dont mind doing that, makes the resultant installer tho a bit big, but it works out great.

That's true. That's why I compile using both static Qt libraries and static C++ runtime libraries (although it requires some changes in Qt mkspecs) and then pack the executable with UPX. I'm using VC++ but according to this post the same can be done with MinGW.

Regards,
Michał