WI vs. zenTrack, MantisBT

Submitted by webdeveloper on 2010-08-14

I use zenTrack for a web site project and it works quite well, although I think the interface is not perfect. MantisBT seems nice as well, but I don't like the interface too much, it looks way too techy, and I am someone who likes the vim ...

The screenshots I see here are very nice, the program seems clean and everything.

Are there more positive reasons that would make it worth the effort to migrate from zenTrack to this system?

Regards,

webdev.

Hello,

I think that the native desktop client is the most important strength of WebIssues, it's not only prettier but also much more comfortable. Just download WebIssues and give it a try, then you'll be able to decide.

Regards,
Michał

The other big advantage I've seen is the flexibility of adding type and attributes without getting into the code. I have used Taskfreak application before and now I'm switching progressively with Webissues for that.
With other applications if you want to have the equivalent of folders with different column in it you have to have multiple database and modify manually the code of each application.