Web Client no worky, configured server and administrator works fine

Submitted by sduvall@mark4t… on 2011-11-09

I'm sure I am missing something simple. Please advise. Thanks,

Type: Errors
Severity: Error
Date: 11/9/2011 11:38 am
Message: Unhandled System_Db_Exception: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') ORDER BY f.folder_name COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci' at line 1 in /opt/www/html/wii/system/db/mysqli/engine.inc.php on line 264
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/www/html/wii/system/db/mysqli/engine.inc.php(101): System_Db_Mysqli_Engine->handleError(Object(mysqli))
#1 /opt/www/html/wii/system/db/mysqli/engine.inc.php(87): System_Db_Mysqli_Engine->executeQuery('SELECT f.folder...')
#2 /opt/www/html/wii/system/db/connection.inc.php(248): System_Db_Mysqli_Engine->query('SELECT f.folder...', Array)
#3 /opt/www/html/wii/system/db/connection.inc.php(281): System_Db_Connection->queryArgs('SELECT f.folder...', Array)
#4 /opt/www/html/wii/system/api/projectmanager.inc.php(579): System_Db_Connection->queryTableArgs('SELECT f.folder...', Array)
#5 /opt/www/html/wii/client/projectstree.inc.php(60): System_Api_ProjectManager->getFoldersForProjects(Array)
#6 /opt/www/html/wii/system/web/component.inc.php(100): Client_ProjectsTree->execute()
#7 /opt/www/html/wii/system/web/view.inc.php(247): System_Web_Component->run()
#8 /opt/www/html/wii/client/index.html.php(22): System_Web_View->insertComponent('Client_Projects...')
#9 /opt/www/html/wii/system/web/view.inc.php(284): include('/opt/www/html/w...')
#10 /opt/www/html/wii/system/web/view.inc.php(217): System_Web_View->executeTemplate()
#11 /opt/www/html/wii/system/web/component.inc.php(102): System_Web_View->render()
#12 /opt/www/html/wii/system/web/application.inc.php(77): System_Web_Component->run()
#13 /opt/www/html/wii/system/core/application.inc.php(210): System_Web_Application->execute()
#14 /opt/www/html/wii/system/bootstrap.inc.php(124): System_Core_Application->run()
#15 /opt/www/html/wii/client/index.php(60): System_Bootstrap::run('Common_Applicat...', 'Client_Index')
#16 {main}
User name: Administrator
Host name: 66.210.91.34

No, you're not missing anything, unfortunately it's just my buggy QA process. Thanks for reporting this error, I will publish a fixed version soon. In the meantime you can just use the Desktop Client to create a project - then the Web Client will work tool.

Regards,
Michał

I have experienced this same issue. Unfortunately, I can not get the MacOS client to connect either ("Not a WebIssues Server error) so I am unable to proceed.

I am impressed with this oss solution, hoping to get past this bump in my initial installation.

Basically, as the event log has described there seems to be SQL syntax error in the Web Client. I have admin and config UI working fine via web browser....

I am willing to test a fix/patch is necessary to expedite a solution to this bug.

Unhandled System_Db_Exception: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') ORDER BY f.folder_name COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci' at line 1 in /webissues/system/db/mysqli/engine.inc.php on line 264

In system/api/projectmanager.inc.php:

public function getFoldersForProjects( $projects )
     {
+        if ( empty( $projects ) )
+            return array();
+
         $placeholders = array();

In system/api/typemanager.inc.php:

public function getAttributeTypesForIssueTypes( $types )
     {
+        if ( empty( $types ) )
+            return array();
+
         $placeholders = array();

Regards,
Michał