Great work!

Submitted by jeans on 2011-11-25

Hello Michał and rest of the team,

Just wanted to say I have been "playing" with latest WebIssues 1.0 beta3 and it IS great!
Very nice UI, logical, fast, customizable.

Here is how me / my team plans to use this tool.

Customized workflow, we receive externally very urgent cases which we also need to report. They come via e-mail.
Normally we handle them and move email to "Done" folder - that's it.

However, lately our "traffic" has increased a lot, causing we have missed some cases.

Also based on original urgent e-mail, it might require us to action differently, for example we might need to raise escalation outside our building - waiting for their analysis/comment and action based on that.

Lately it has been very hard to track what is the status of case X; who is really handling it, is waiting for our internal escalation, is it waiting outside, what steps needs to be done?

With WebIssues, I can easily cuztomize our workload, make all team members to update their urgent cases. I will also add fields by sender so it is easy to see and export data as .csv to Excel how many urgent cases we receive by sender.

This way I can immediately - with addition of due date, which cases needs action from us, when is the deadline. If now one of our team members would be sick, we would be totally clueless what is the status of his/her cases.

EDIT: The best part of Webissues is "Issue History", I can see who has done and what and when.

Any roadmap / timeline for v1.0 final? :)

Thanks,
Jeans

Thanks :) It's great to know that you find WebIssues useful.

If everything goes well, I'm planning to release the final version before Christmas.

Regards,
Michał

Thanks for your reply.

Today I demonstrated WebIssues at work and all were totally amazed how fast and responsive Webissues is when used with 32-bit program. :) No more slow websites and "Waiting..." messages.

I read that upgrade from alpha version is not supported but beta versions are supported?
So basically can I install 1.0-beta3, start using it and then just upgrade when more betas/RC/final comes?

Regards,
Jeans

Yes, upgrading from beta versions is supported, so you can start using it right away.

Regards,
Michał