Submitted by mohsen1981 on 2011-12-25

hello dudes

anybody can provide a detailed help on upgrading from 0.8.5 to 1.0
the helps on following links does not help much:

http://doc.mimec.org/webissues/server/upgrade_server.html
http://doc.mimec.org/webissues/1.0/en/webissues.admin.updating.html

the directories structure seems to be totally different from v0.8.5 to v1.0

thanks

Same problem here, when I try to upgrade the database I get an error message that the old database is not compatible with the new one.

Why don't you just read the manual?

"Although a direct upgrade from version 0.8.5 of the server is not possible, existing data can be imported from version 0.8.5 of the WebIssues server when installing a new version of the system. More information can be found in the section called “Installation”."

Regards,
Michał

thanks Michal that worked but with some errors:

[Unexpected Error
An unexpected error occured while processing the request.
Reason: One of the dependent objects no longer exists.]

However all tables is copied to new table with the prefix "wi1_" except "attr_values", "comments" and "changes".

using phpmyadmin, I managed to manually delete "wi1_attr_values" and "wi1_comments" and recreate them with "wi1_" prefix.
but I couldn't delete "changes" table as it returns error:
#1217 - Cannot delete or update a parent row: a foreign key constraint fails
nor i can copy the content of old "changes" to new "wi1_changes" as it returns error:
#1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
I am not so familiar with Mysql. anybody can kindly help me?

"(...) Reason: One of the dependent objects no longer exists.]"

I have the same error. I suspect this is because I manually removed some entries in the past :-).

1. Is there any logfile containing more detailed information describing what element caused the failure? I could try to fix the problem manually, if I knew where it is.

2. What is the simplest way to restart the installation process, if the tables already exist? Should I just drop tables with given prefix in SQL?

this is my output when debugging enabled. I cannot get anything out of it. any friend can save me out this mess?

Unexpected Error

The following error(s) occured while processing the request:

Unhandled System_Db_Exception: Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`webissues`.`wi1_attr_values`, CONSTRAINT `wi1_attr_values_issue_id_fk` FOREIGN KEY (`issue_id`) REFERENCES `wi1_issues` (`issue_id`) ON DELETE CASCADE) in /var/www/webissues1/system/db/mysqli/engine.inc.php on line 262
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/webissues1/system/db/mysqli/engine.inc.php(101): System_Db_Mysqli_Engine->handleError(Object(mysqli))
    #1 /var/www/webissues1/system/db/mysqli/engine.inc.php(79): System_Db_Mysqli_Engine->executeQuery('INSERT INTO wi1...')
    #2 /var/www/webissues1/system/db/connection.inc.php(207): System_Db_Mysqli_Engine->execute('INSERT INTO wi1...', Array)
    #3 /var/www/webissues1/system/db/connection.inc.php(178): System_Db_Connection->executeArgs('INSERT INTO {at...', Array)
    #4 /var/www/webissues1/admin/setup/installer.inc.php(570): System_Db_Connection->execute('INSERT INTO {at...')
    #5 /var/www/webissues1/admin/setup/install.php(401): Admin_Setup_Installer->importData('')
    #6 /var/www/webissues1/admin/setup/install.php(147): Admin_Setup_Install->installDatabase()
    #7 /var/www/webissues1/admin/setup/install.php(56): Admin_Setup_Install->processForm()
    #8 /var/www/webissues1/system/web/component.inc.php(100): Admin_Setup_Install->execute()
    #9 /var/www/webissues1/system/web/application.inc.php(77): System_Web_Component->run()
    #10 /var/www/webissues1/system/core/application.inc.php(210): System_Web_Application->execute()
    #11 /var/www/webissues1/system/bootstrap.inc.php(124): System_Core_Application->run()
    #12 /var/www/webissues1/admin/setup/install.php(455): System_Bootstrap::run('Common_Applicat...', 'Admin_Setup_Ins...')
    #13 {main}

Looks like there's some attribute values for which no issue exists. Try the following query on the source data to find those values:

SELECT * FROM attr_values WHERE issue_id NOT IN ( SELECT issue_id FROM issues )

Regards,
Michał