Company Size? How's WebIssues working for you?

Submitted by Frank on 2012-04-25

Hi all,

We are looking to roll out WebIssues within a company about 130 people strong. We will be using it as an incident management tool, but also track bugs, projects, and host a discussion board. I am thinking we might max out at 50-75 thousand tickets per year, but that number could greatly increase. I have a few questions please:
How many tickets per year do you generate?
What capacity are you using the system in?
Any service degradation?
Is the app holding up? (any differences between the web option and the desktop agent?)

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions, this will be a huge help as we roll out WebIssues

Regards,
Frank

I also would like to know the answer to these questions, it would be quite interesting.

WebIssues was designed with performance and scalability in mind. I conducted some performance tests on my 3-year old laptop, with over 120 thousand issues (10-20 thousand per folder) and both the Web Client and the Desktop Client work very well.

Obviously a lot depends on the hardware and software configuration. For maximum scalability, I would recommend installing the application and database on two separate servers. A PHP accelerator will be necessary, but with 130 concurrent users the database will be the biggest bottleneck.

Please let me know how it works. I will try to help you if you need any further advice.

Regards,
Michał