Error 500 when installing

Submitted by ArnorBld on 2012-08-21

Hi all,

Downloaded WebIssues today and was going to install it on my server that runs FreeBSD. When I try to access the admin/setup/install.php script I get error 500. I do not have this in the document root on the server, rather in a subfolder (called tracker) My admin is taking a look at this as we discovered that the myslqi module is not listed as running when I do a phpinfo() but is listed as running on the server. That may be the issue, but if anyone has an idea, I would welcome some help:)

Best regards,

I had the same problem, I had to make sure mbstring was loaded with PHP.

It turned out that imsql was not installed on this server. I used another hosting server that had MSSQL and that worked great:)

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson

I am currently running webissues version 0.8.4 on a Linux machine and I am trying to upgrade to the latest version of webissues 1.0.4-1

When I try to run the admin/setup/install.php script I am also getting HTTP error 500.

I am using mysql version 5.0.77 and PHP version 5.2.6. I am using lighttpd for my webserver, and it is integrated with PHP and mysql since I am able to run webissues version 0.8.4.

Any ideas of what else I should be checking and what I need to do to fix the HTTP error 500?

The easiest way to debug error 500 is always to temporarily enable display_errors and display_startup_errors in php.ini.

Regards,
Michał