How I can run the Cron Jobs?

Submitted by eatorres510 on 2013-03-07

Hello

I tried to walk's take run cron on windows server 2008 and I could not make it works.

I have seen many ways of how to do but I have failed.

can someone explain how is the procedure for setting up this task in Windows Server 2008

regards

ET

I use this procedure:

- Click on Start and then go to Administrative Tools, once there click the “Task Scheduler” item
- Once the Task Scheduler opens, click “Create Basic Task”
- Give the task a name and description and click next
- On the Date and Time screen, click “One Time” so that this task gets enabled once. Click Next.
- On the Action screen, click “start program” and browse to the Internet Explorer executable stored within Program Files.
- Add an argument to the “Action” screen which is the url for the drupal site (example: localhost/webissues/cron/job.php)
- Click “Finish”
- Now your task will be added to the Task Scheduler but there are additional configuration options we still need to define.
- Find the task we just created within the Task list and right click on it, select “Properties”
- On the “General” tab, select the option “Run whether user is logged in or not”
- Under triggers, select “Edit” on the “One Time” option we created earlier. Select “Repeat this Task” and choose “Every 1 Hour” or however frequently you want your cron to run. Then select “indefinitely” to allow this Task to run for ever.

Do not start IE to trigger the cron job, it doesn't make sense :).

You could use a command line tool like wget to trigger the cron job via URL, but the simplest solution is to run php.exe and passing the script as argument. For example:

Program / script: C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP\v5.3\php.exe (or wherever your PHP is installed)
Argument: cron/job.php
Start in: D:\WebIssues (or wherever your WebIssues server is located)

See also http://wiki.mimec.org/wiki/WebIssues/Installation.

Regards,
Michał