modification email notification

Submitted by suminda on 2013-03-28

hi,
1.how the system allow to generate email only for the attr value for user attr type, only in case of immediate notification, in job.php i found it generate for all users where both email and alerts configured.
2. in cron job logs, how to put all emails sent instead of count in sent++. this is to troubleshoot some email issue.

regards,
suminda

1. You can associate the alert with a view with any filter conditions, so the notification can be sent only when certain attribute matches a specific value.

2. You can simply write the body and other data to a text file just after the call to $engine->send().

Regards,
Michał

hi Michał,

thanks for prompt reply,

1. well understood, actualy I forgot that logic,
2. small clarification, I need only email Ids to be displayed, as "cron job finished (emails sent to x,y,z Ids)", instead of "cron job finished ( sent 3 emails)".

regards,
suminda,

OK, I'm assuming that you mean user IDs?

Add the following member declaration:

private $sentIds = array();

Add the following below $this->sent++;

$this->sentIds[] = $principal->getUserId();

Finally, change the log message to something like:

$eventLog->tr( 'Cron job finished (emails sent to %1)', null, implode( ', ', $this->sentIds ) )

Regards,
Michał

hi michal, many thanks for ur excellent coding and its working well.

can I use te the following istead of $pricipal->getuserId,

$principal-> getuserNames, I tried but getting error

regards
suminda

hi michal,
I tried but getting following error in events and cron also showing error.

php error:output generated before sending the response in c:\intpub\ncat\cron\job.php on line 1.

what could be the reason for this?

secondly, how admin can view currently logged users, hope you have not implemented yet, until that can I read users with active sessions at each cron running, and push to assess events?

regards,

suminda,

hi Michal,

any idea on my last update above?

regards,
suminda.

Hi Michal,

I successfully upgraded from 1.04 to beta-2. How to do the above email notification change with job.php in beta-2, can you pls help?

regards,
suminda,