Issues with connecting to the database / installing and configuring

Submitted by Morklympious on 2013-04-09

IF A THREAD LIKE THIS HAS BEEN POSTED A MILLION TIMES PLEASE POINT ME TO A RESOLVED THREAD.

Hey guys!

Webdev newbie here, and I've been playing around with a few bugtrackers. I have the most current version of WAMP server installed on my laptop, and I'm trying to replicate what I did with installing Webissues on the localhost to my BlueHost hosted domain.

So, I head into the webissues subdirectory I FTP'd over, I get my host url, which is essentially box###.bluehost.com.

Now, I'm not completely daft and I've been able to use mySQL to create a database 'bug' or, rather, prefix_bug, with prefix being my cpanel account name. I create a user with the same name, 'bug', create a password for that user, associate that user with the 'bug' database, and then I assume I have all of the information I need, right?

Well I keep getting this error:

"Could not connect to database. Please check connection details and try again."

I'm really lost here. I have my passwords, I have the user and the db name, the user is associated, I'm using the hostname.

is there something I'm doing wrong? I've been scratching my head at this for the past two hours, and there isn't exactly a useful screencast I can turn to.

Anyways, thanks for any help, folks!

Got it all figured out earlier today! So disregard!

Could you please update the solution you have applied since i too face similar issue.

Thanks for your help in advance.

-Rajesh