Send email notifications per project?

Submitted by cwo on 2013-06-14

I've read the documentation but am unable to find this as a feature. I'm looking for a replacement for our current ticket software, and have specific requirements. Before I dismiss WebIssues as an option, I want to ask here.

Is it possible to set up email notifications to specific users per project for all new issues and all comments to those issues? (Assuming the user hasn't changed their settings not to receive notifications or removed themselves from notifications on an issue.)

Example:
Joe, Tom, and Jane will always receive email notifications for all new tickets created for Project A and all changes to those tickets.
Tom, Sally, Rick, and Amanda will always receive email notifications for all new tickets created for Project B and all changes to those tickets.

Additionally, is it possible to do the above but limit it to certain types of issues in the project?

Example:
Joe and Jane will always receive email notifications for all new tickets and their changes in Project A that are under Bugs.
Tom will always receive email notifications for all new tickets and their changes for Project A that are under Feature Requests.

In version 1.1 it will be possible to set up notifications for all members of a project. In current version users can only set up notifications individually.

Regards,
Michał