Criteria for notifications recieve

Submitted by richusp on 2015-03-16

Hello!

Few words as introduction.
I have choosed Wi as as internal issue tracking tool for a small group of users (tech related business unit). I 'm happy of the easy of use and customization capabilities application and so far it fulfills all the basics needs considered. Indeed I'm struggling with one particular configuration need.
I'm pretty sure this could be achieved with some minor adjustments for the default alert criteria but somehow can't find the right way.
The goal is that anyone gets notifications for modifications on requests created by himself or the ones that assigned to this person. So basically those are two default alerts - 'Created by Me' and 'My Active xxx' that are enabled for immediate notifications. The issue here is that for any requests that are register and assigned to the same person there are 2 identical notifications received cause it is eligible for both of those conditions settled (alert 'My Active Tasks' is sort of extended version of 'Created by Me').
By trying to add additional criteria 'Created by me' != 'Me' for 'My active xxx' view we kind a loose some set of requests from this view.
this could supposed behavior and suggest use is to filter (views) in combinations if full view of any interesting requests is required but probably there is another solution for this s oi would like to hear any advice for the same.
i hope I have described this in meaningful manner but if anything has to be clarified ion some other way please let me know ad I will try my best.

thanks in advance for any input.

regards,
Rihards

Yes, I understand the problem and it's kind of a limitation of the current notification mechanism. Some better solution may be implemented in a future version. For example, having an 'OR' condition in a view would help. For now you can either live with the fact that you receive some notifications twice, or add additional conditions to the views on which alerts are based.

Regards,
Michał

Ok, great to know that i not so stupid to understand this right! :)

OR condition statement sounds as a practical for many outcomes and scenarios would be great if someone considers to implement it for future releases.

Thanks for your contribution.