Newbie incomming email question

Submitted by mordalis on 2016-06-29

Hi,

I'm an absolute newbie with WebIssues. I installed it this morning and am currently trying to set email up.
My email server is on a different server than my webissues server.
I set up WebIssues to connect to my mail server and to receive the mail posted previously to the "webissues" account on the mail server.

I ran the Test and the connection works fine. This is confirmed by the log of the mail server.
I set up WebIssues to put the incoming mail to my "support" folder of my project.

My test is done like following:
- send an email to the webissues account on the mail server (works fine. The mail appears in the webissues mail account on the mail server)
- execute manually the php ./cron/job.php on the webissues server
When doing so my email log confirms that the webissues server connects successfully to the mail server and that he got the mail. The mail (I use POP3 protocol) is successfully deleted on the mail server.

But no issue is created.

I'm certainly missing a configuration option. Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Christian

I solved the problem.
For this kind of email input, webissues demands that the external checkbox is checked and that an internal user account is selected to be used to insert the issue.

This account needs to have all necessary access to the project the issue is to be filled in.

After modifying the access rights the import worked fine.

Best regards,

Christian