error upgrading from 1.1.2 to any other version

Submitted by nicolamersi on 2023-02-14

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade from version 1.1.2 to latest version.

I have tried also to upgrade before to 1.1.5 or 1.1.3 with the same error.

For example if I try to upgrade from DB version 1.1.005 to 1.1.007 I receive the following errors:

L'aggiornamento è fallito con il seguente errore:

Unhandled System_Db_Exception: Duplicate column name 'is_archived' in /var/www/html/system/db/mysqli/engine.inc.php on line 287
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/system/db/mysqli/engine.inc.php(101): System_Db_Mysqli_Engine->handleError(Object(mysqli))
#1 /var/www/html/system/db/mysqli/engine.inc.php(79): System_Db_Mysqli_Engine->executeQuery('ALTER TABLE pro...')
#2 /var/www/html/system/db/connection.inc.php(215): System_Db_Mysqli_Engine->execute('ALTER TABLE pro...', Array)
#3 /var/www/html/system/db/connection.inc.php(186): System_Db_Connection->executeArgs('ALTER TABLE {pr...', Array)
#4 /var/www/html/system/db/mysqli/schemagenerator.inc.php(96): System_Db_Connection->execute('ALTER TABLE {pr...')
#5 /var/www/html/system/db/mysqli/schemagenerator.inc.php(74): System_Db_Mysqli_SchemaGenerator->executeAlterTable('projects')
#6 /var/www/html/system/db/schemagenerator.inc.php(72): System_Db_Mysqli_SchemaGenerator->executeAddFields('projects')
#7 /var/www/html/admin/setup/updater.inc.php(273): System_Db_SchemaGenerator->addFields('projects', Array)
#8 /var/www/html/admin/setup/update.php(122): Admin_Setup_Updater->updateDatabase('1.1.005')
#9 /var/www/html/admin/setup/update.php(106): Admin_Setup_Update->updateDatabase()
#10 /var/www/html/admin/setup/update.php(42): Admin_Setup_Update->processForm()
#11 /var/www/html/system/web/component.inc.php(100): Admin_Setup_Update->execute()
#12 /var/www/html/system/web/application.inc.php(77): System_Web_Component->run()
#13 /var/www/html/system/core/application.inc.php(210): System_Web_Application->execute()
#14 /var/www/html/system/bootstrap.inc.php(130): System_Core_Application->run()
#15 /var/www/html/admin/setup/update.php(148): System_Bootstrap::run('Common_Applicat...', 'Admin_Setup_Upd...')
#16 {main}

I cannot figure what goes wrong.

Nicola

It looks like your database is at least version 1.0.006, because it already has the is_archived column in the projects table. The best option would be to restore the DB to an earlier backup and start again, but if that's not possible you could try manually changing the db_version in the server table.

Regards,
Michał