An unexpected error occured

Submitted by NA on 2023-03-16

EDIT: Never mind the following. I just realized i should not have performed step 5.

I have a server on which i have setup WebIssues 2.0.5 (WI) and is working fine. I have utilized the great feature named "Multisite Mode" and i'm already running 2 different sites. I have the need to add a 3rd site now, so i did the following:

1. I went to the web server (IIS on WIn2K19), added a new site with the same login name and application pool as the other two.
  2. I created a blank database on the same SQL server i have for the other two. I also gave owner permission on the database to the same user as the other two sites.
  3. I went to WebIssues\v2.0\data\site.ini file and added an entry for the new site.
  4. I created a subfolder with the same name as the "match" property of the site.ini file.
  5. In that folder, i copied the "config.inc.php" file and altered only the database name in it.

When i visit the site's webpage, i get this message: "An unexpected error occured while processing the request".

I tried adding "debug_info = on", "debug_level = DEBUG_ALL", "dev_mode = on" in site.ini (under the site's section). After that, i get the following:

An unexpected error occured while processing the request.

Unhandled com_exception: Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
Description: Invalid object name 'server'. in C:\inetpub\apps\WebIssues\v2.0\system\db\mssql\engine.inc.php on line 99
Stack trace:
#0 C:\inetpub\apps\WebIssues\v2.0\system\db\mssql\engine.inc.php(99): com->Execute()
#1 C:\inetpub\apps\WebIssues\v2.0\system\db\connection.inc.php(256): System_Db_Mssql_Engine->query()
#2 C:\inetpub\apps\WebIssues\v2.0\system\db\connection.inc.php(322): System_Db_Connection->queryArgs()
#3 C:\inetpub\apps\WebIssues\v2.0\system\db\connection.inc.php(309): System_Db_Connection->queryRowArgs()
#4 C:\inetpub\apps\WebIssues\v2.0\system\api\servermanager.inc.php(52): System_Db_Connection->queryRow()
#5 C:\inetpub\apps\WebIssues\v2.0\system\core\application.inc.php(303): System_Api_ServerManager->getServer()
#6 C:\inetpub\apps\WebIssues\v2.0\system\core\application.inc.php(205): System_Core_Application->initializeConnection()
#7 C:\inetpub\apps\WebIssues\v2.0\system\bootstrap.inc.php(130): System_Core_Application->run()
#8 C:\inetpub\apps\WebIssues\v2.0\setup\install.php(548): System_Bootstrap::run()
#9 {main}

The config.inc.php is correct, only the database name has been changed. The site from which i copied this file works perfectly. What's going on?

P.S.1: The only thing that's different in the two sites is their names: the original site is of the form site.mydomain.local while the new site is site.subdomain.mydomain.local. I also tried it without the subdomain though, but no luck...

P.S.2: I haven't defined a debug_file parameter and no file was created under the data/log folder as mentioned in the installation guide (i don't know if there should be one there).

In order to set up a new site, you have to delete the config.inc.php file for that site, the installer will then create the DB tables and the config file.

Regards,
Michał