RTL Languages

Submitted by techana on 2014-05-01

As we know, languages are either written from left-to-right such as English or from right-to-left such as Arabic, Persian, Hebrew, Urdu, etc.

WI supports both types of languages, but it does not align right-to-left, or RTL, languages to the right. There is a special property in CSS to do this, which is: "direction:rtl;"

I suggest to add an "RTL" tag to the WI's markup and add an icon to the markItUpHeader similar to this one. This tag is implemented in common/theme/style.css file as:

.rtl
{
direction:rtl;
}

By the way, I edited [code] in my style.css to work as [rtl] and it works just fine.

Thank you.

Just one more comment! Instead of associating .rtl to <pre> tag as the existing .code, it should be used with <p> or <span> tags instead.

hi
RTL in web is not very big problem with this css solution
but in windows client i have problem .
both in issues list and issue details.
how can i change direction in text box and labels to RTL in windows client application?
thanks for answers ...

Adding RTL support to the desktop client is not a problem either. I will add it as soon as there is at least one complete translation for an RTL language. Currently the only RTL translation on Transifex is Persian which is only 33% complete. See also this thread for more info.

Regards,
Michał

Great news Michał. I hope you can include the rtl tag in the next release as it's not necessary to have a complete translation to include it.

Thank you in advance.