This version of the WebIssues client application features a complete user interface for defining attribute types. Another new feature is handling links to other issues, comments and attachments in both attribute values and comments (the syntax of these links is: #123). Links to external URLs and emails are also recognized and handled. It's also possible to quickly find an issue, comment or attachment with a given ID using the Find Item command from the main window.
The new version 0.8.1 of the WebIssues Server supports both MySQL and PostgreSQL databases. Now it should be possible to install it in most hosting environments. If you have any problems with the installation, please contact me.
Another important feature of the 0.8.1 version is that the schema version is now stored in the database, which makes it easier to update the database in the future. For now the schema was changed so much that an automatic update would be too difficult, but I think it should be more or less close to the final state now.
The first version of WebIssues is available in the Downloads section. The most important features are implemented and the entire system is usable, so I encourage everyone to give it a try. Note however that it is still in an early stage of development and a lot of work has to be done. My goal is to create an innovative and useful team collaboration system aimed at, but not limited to, the open source community. If you are interested, take a look at the development Roadmap of the system. I'm awaiting comments and suggestions, all feedback will be appreciated.
Welcome to webissues.mimec.org, the official website of the WebIssues project.
This website is currently under construction. More information will be available within the next few days. The first release of the WebIssues server and client is planned on September 20th.
I made a working prototype of this program last year as my master's thesis. However instead of simply modifying it, I decided to completely rewrite it in order to make the code cleaner, more flexible and ready for future enhancements. On the other hand I wanted the first official version to be as usable as possible, with all most important features included. That's why it took almost 7 months of development. I hope the result will be satisfying.